Give or Get Help
Local or statewide organizations such as nonprofits and governmental programs that you can go to for help; donate or volunteer if you're able!
If you want to suggest a nonprofit, government department, or other organization that is helping NE FL residents, or if you see something that's broken or incorrect, please submit your suggestion or correction using this form.
City of Jacksonville
There is a page of recovery resources on the City of Jacksonville website which includes local help lines, financial help, mental health resources, and more.
United Way connects Northeast Florida residents to “health, social and human services and more than 4,000 community programs.” It provides info to people in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, Nassau, Baker, Putnam, Columbia, Suwannee and Hamilton counties, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- COVID-19 Information from United Way - includes community announcements about testing and steps to prevent illness
- Donate to Florida’s First Coast Relief Fund
- Volunteer to help COVID-19 Support Activities
- Dial 2-1-1 to connect to a United Way call center specialist or search the United Way Northeast Florida resource database
“The Right Service at the Right Time is an online tool used by librarians and library users throughout Florida to find necessary social services and government assistance.” Search for a service, see what’s available in your county, or check out the Right Service’s Frequently Used Services.
“Care Connect, a community alliance, was established to connect area residents in need with available services and address social determinants of health in a coordinated way throughout all of St. Johns County.”
- Automated Community Connection to Economic Self Sufficiency (ACCESS) - apply for benefits such as Food Assistance, Temporary Cash Assistance, and Medicaid.
- General Program Information (How to Get Help)
Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation (RWCF)
- Resources for Restaurants and Workers Coping with the COVID-19 Emergency
- RWCF COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund FAQ - learn more about the relief fund and how to apply for direct crisis relief through Southern Smoke
- Donate to the RWCF COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
Duval County Public Schools Meals
“Students can come to any traditional, district-managed school to receive their food from 11am - 1pm. Also, beginning on March 23, these meals will be delivered at select neighborhood bus stops.” Starting March 30th, supper/dinner will be “served at select school locations.”
- Meal Menu (Duval County Public Schools)
- Duval Schools Providing Dinner/Supper (PDF)
- Duval School Meal Bus Routes (PDF)
Feeding Northeast Florida is providing “Family Meal Kits” to their agency partners. They contain “shelf-stable food items, produce, and meat when available” and “follow Feeding America’s optimal ‘low-touch or no-touch’ model of food distribution.”
- Current Agency Partners with Feeding Northeast Florida (check often, as list may change)
- COVID-19 Updates from Feeding Northeast Florida
- Donate to Feeding Northeast Florida
- Volunteer with Feeding Northeast Florida
Rent and Utilities Assistance
Floride Power and Light (FPL)
FPL is “suspending electrical disconnections, providing payment extensions and waiving certain late payment fees for customers in a hardship situation”. You can request bill payment assistance or payment extension from FPL here.
- AT&T has free Wi-Fi hotspots and other help for customers.
- Xfinity Essentials (a program for low-income families) is providing 2 months free to new customers.
- Public Xfinity hotspots are free for everyone to use.
Need Help Paying Bills
“Find how to get help with paying bills, rent, mortgages, debts and more.”